Everyone attending trek will need to prepare themselves physically so they can gain the most spiritually from our Trek experience. You should Walk/Bike/Run three or more times a week for 30 minutes for at least 8 weeks. In order to be prepared for Trek, you must begin in March to train.
Here are some suggestions:
- Exercising 3 times a week for 30 minutes is a minimum and may not be enough for some of us.
- We suggest daily exercise for those who are not used to exercising.
- PLEASE DO NOT WALK OR RUN ALONE. Exercise is much more fun (and safe) with an exercise buddy.
- Exercise AT LEAST 30 minutes 3 times per week.
- Walk, run, bike, or swim but emphasize WALKING.
- Practice drinking lots of water when you exercise – HYDRATE!
- Get your Trek shoes and “Break them in”. We suggest tennis shoes or light weight hiking boots.
- Increase your exercise to AT LEAST 30 minutes 4 times per week.
- Carry water with you and drink often!!
- Walk in your trek clothing at least one time so you’ll know what to fix if they don’t feel right
- Increase exercise to 30-45 minutes 5 times per week.
- If you are unable to spend this amount per week, still exercise 3-4 times per week but make sure you get in AT LEAST one long walk of at least 60 minutes.
- Walk different routes to vary the terrain where you walk
- Walk at different times of day to get used to different temperatures.
- Eat healthy and get adequate sleep.
- DRINK PLENTY OF WATER THE WEEK BEFORE TREK.